Is Your Home Secured for Spring Break?
- Elevating Your Commercial Security in Delaware this Year - January 9, 2023
- Fighting Holiday Porch Pirates Effectively - December 5, 2022
- Preventing Holiday Business Burglary in Retail - December 7, 2021
Use our Spring Home Security tips below to get your home ready for warm weather. Remember, Security is not expensive, It is PRICELESS!
1. Doors & Windows: Make sure to close and lock your windows at night and when you are away from home.
2. Eliminate Hiding places: Clear away areas that are overgrown or could provide thieves with hiding spots.
3. Know your neighbors: Work with your neighbors to keep an eye out for suspicious activities on your street. Leave a key with a neighbor, don’t leave a key under the doormat, plant pot near entrance.
4. Exterior Lighting: Make sure that the exterior is well lit at night. Use motion-sensitive fixtures around the perimeter or smart light bulbs indoor to make it seems like you’re home when you’re away.
5. Make Home Look Occupied: Create the illusion that you are home by using timers on lights, radios and TV’s. Keep an extra car parked prominently in the drive way or ask a neighbor to park their car there.
6. Suspend Deliveries: If away on vacation, put a hold on newspaper and mail deliveries. Consider having packages delivered elsewhere or requiring a signature for delivery.
7. Set a safety routine: Make sure your alarm system are armed every time you leave the house. Check the batteries in smoke detectors and test your burglar alarm system on a monthly basis.
8. Social Media: Don’t leave a message announcing travel plans on the answering machine, e-mail auto-responder or on social media sites.
Security Instrument wishes you to have a wonderful Spring break while your home and properties remain Safe & Sound.
About Security Instrument
From Fortune 500 to local SMB’s throughout the Tri-State area, Security Instrument integrates custom security systems to meet the needs of commercial clients.