The Commercial Sales Consultant is responsible for promoting and selling Security Instrument services and technology within an assigned territory, leveraging relationships and closing new business for Security Instrument and ensuring customer retention. The Commercial Sales Consultant is responsible for securing profitable sales and upgrades to new, existing and discontinued Security Instrument Commercial customers while maximizing customer satisfaction and retention by initiating post installation follow-ups. This rep will also have a commanding knowledge of our product line, as well as that of our services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to current Security Instrument policies, procedures, products, programs and services.
- Create new market share by selling Security Instrument products and services to new local commercial customers.
- Sell additional products and services to existing accounts that continue to present new sales opportunities. Sell add-ons, amend, and convert existing customer systems to meet the customer’s expectations.
- Renew existing customer agreements.
- Identify prospects utilizing creative lead-generating techniques and maintain productive working relationships with existing customers.
- Independently establish call plans and customer follow-up strategies and tactics, and consistently apply time and territory management techniques.
- Follow up with prospects.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of complete line of products/services and customers’ issues and needs through in-house training and reading/research.
- Obtain referrals and work with Centers of Influence.
- Process work order and complete all paperwork in accordance with approved and standardized procedures.
- Conduct post installation follow-up by contacting customer, ensuring commitments were met and affirming customer satisfaction once the customer has been in service.
- College degree preferred.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a successful commercial sales representative in the security, IT or other technology sales industry, demonstrated by the consistent ability to meet and exceed quota.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Action Oriented
- Drive for Results
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Problem Solving
- Technical Learning
- Time Management
- Valid drivers’ license with clean driving record
- Ability to work a full time schedule
- Available for local travel, which may include nights and weekends to accommodate customer’s schedule
Security Instrument offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, life insurance, 401K, ongoing training, PTO and more.