- Access Control Entry in a Trusting Employer Environment - January 29, 2024
- 3 Home Security Tips for the Holidays - December 20, 2023
- Fire and Life Safety Solutions for Churches - December 1, 2023
No matter what kind of weather is on the horizon, it’s always a good time to discuss how to avoid the security hazards of a storm. Here are some stormy weather safety tips from the number one security experts in the Tri-State Area, Security Instrument.
Drive Safely Through a Storm
According to the Department of Transportation, almost 50% of weather-related car crashes happen while rain is falling — and sadly, those crashes kill an average of 3,400 per year. To stay safe when driving through a storm, take note of these tips:
- Slow down. Drive at or below the posted speed limit during and after rain.
- Stay sober. Don’t consume alcohol and impairing substances before driving.
- Store your phone. Put it in the glove compartment while driving.
Rain on the road can instantly reduce your vehicle traction and your visibility. This can multiply your risk of a vehicle crash, so it’s important to take extra precautions to protect yourself and others on the road.
Stay Home During a Storm
If you can, it’s best to stay home or indoors during stormy weather. If you are unable to stay home, make personal security your top priority when going about your business. Ways to do that include:
- Use handrails when walking on stairs.
- Wear slip-resistant shoes or boots, even if you’ll be inside.
- Use mats to wipe your feet before entering a building.
- Stay on well-lit walkways and use a flashlight when needed.
During stormy weather, staying safe should be your top priority. We want our home security customers throughout the Tri-State Area to be safe at all times, in all weather. To discuss security technology for your home or business, call Security Instrument now. We look forward to assisting you further.
About Security Instrument
From Fortune 500 to local SMB’s throughout the Tri-State area, Security Instrument integrates custom security systems to meet the needs of commercial clients.